Chicken Tikka Masala
Boneless chicken (small pieces) - 900 grams
Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Ginger (minced) - 3 tsp.
Garlic (crushed) - 3 tsp.
White pepper - 1/4 tsp.
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp.
Mace - 1/4 tsp.
Nutmeg - 1/4 tsp.
Green cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp.
Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp.
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp.
Lemon juice - 3 tbsp.
Oil - 4 tbsp.
Tomato Paste - 1.5 kgs
Ginger-Garlic paste - 4 tsp.
Green chillies (small size. Finely chopped) - 5-6
Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp.
Cloves - 5-6
Green cardamom - 8
Butter - 3 tbsp.
Cream - 2/3 cup
Fenugreek - 1 tsp.
Ginger (thin strands) - 2 tsp.
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients given "Chicken Marination". Add chicken pieces. For best results marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Bake chicken for 4 mins. Baste with little oil (or butter). Bake for another 4 mins. Again baste with little oil (or butter). Bake for final 3 mins.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the sauce. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato puree in a pan. Add 4 cups of water. Add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies, red chilli powder, cloves, cardamom and salt.
- Cook for a few minutes, lightly stirring in between till the sauce becomes thick. Strain sauce.
- Now add butter and cream. Mix. Add fenugreek and ginger strands. Mix and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.