Chicken Makhani (Butter Chicken)
Tandoori Chicken - 1 whole
Butter - 50 gms
Cream - 1 cup
Tomato puree - 3 cups
Garam masala powder - 2 tsp.
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp.
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp.
Ginger paste - 1 tsp.
Garlic paste - 1 tsp.
Green chilli paste - 1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Chopped green coriander leaves for garnishing
- Take 1 whole tandoori chicken and cut it into pieces.
- Heat half of the butter in a frying pan. Add ginger garlic and green chilli paste and saute for 1 minute. Add chicken pieces and fry until brown from all the sides. Remove and keep aside.
- Add the remaining butter and reheat. Add tomato puree, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt. Stir well.
- Add little water just enough to make a thick gravy and bring it to boil on high. Reduce the heat and add chicken pieces.
- Stir gently to coat all the chicken pieces with tomato gravy. Add 1/2 cup cream and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and rest of the cream and serve hot.