Chicken Do Pyaza
Chicken (whole) - 1-1/2 Kg
Thinly sliced onions - 4 ( medium size)
Tomato puree - 3 cups
Finely chopped garlic - 1 tbsp.
Finely chopped ginger - 2 tbsp.
Finely chopped green chilli - 1 tbsp.
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp.
Garam masala powder - 2 tsp.
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil - 7 tbsp.
Chopped green coriander leaves for garnishing
- Thouroughly clean the chicken and cut into pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger, garlic and green chilli and fry over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Bring it to boil and then cook on medium for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced onions and cook until it becomes tender.
- Add chicken pieces. Stir well so that all the chicken pieces are coated well with gravy.
- Add water. Bring it to boil on high and then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover the pan and cook until the chicken is tender and the gravy becomes thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.