Tomatoes (medium size) - 8
Water - 3-1/2 cups
Butter - 1/2 tbsp.
Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp.
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp.
Bay leaf and cumin powder - 1/2 tsp.
Ginger-garlic paste - 1/4 tsp.
Salt to taste
Cream for garnishing - 2 tbsp.
- Put the tomatoes in a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until tomatoes become tender. You can also pressure cook it (wait for 2 whistles and then switch off the gas).
- Make tomato puree in an electric blender. Add water and strain it to remove the seeds and tomato skin.
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add black pepper powder, red chilli powder, bay leaf and cumin powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt.
- Add tomato puree, bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat .
- Serve hot. Garnish it with cream separately in each bowl.