Potato Onion Soup
Potato (medium size) - 3
Onion (medium size) - 1
Butter - 1 tbsp.
Tomato puree - 1/4 cup
Lemon juice - 2 tbsp.
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp.
Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp.
Corn flour - 1 tbsp.
Water - 2 cups
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Peel off the potatoes and onion and cut it into big pieces. Wash thoroughly .
- Put them in a pan and cook on medium heat till tender(25 minutes). You can also pressure cook it (2 whistles).
- Puree the potato-onion mixture in an electric blender.Add tomato puree and blend once.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add red chilli powder, black pepper powder, salt.
- Add the puree and lemon juice and bring it to boil.Reduce the heat.Slowly add cornflour (dissolved in water) and continuously stir. When the soup becomes thick switch off the gas.
- Serve hot. Garnish it with finely chopped coriander.