Ginger-garlic paste -1 tsp.
Green chilli -2
Corinader leaves -2 tbsp.
Curry leaves -1 tbsp.
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp.
Cumin seeds -1 tsp.
Black pepper powder -1/4 tsp.
Red chilli powder -1/2 tsp.
Sugar -2 tsp.
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil -2 tbsp.
- Cut onion, tomatoes and green chilli into small pieces.
- Heat oil (1- 1/2 tbsp.) in a pan. Add cumin seeds and green chilli and fry for about 1 min.
- Add pieces of onion, tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, sugar and salt and cook until tender.
- Remove from heat. On cooling, blend it in an electric blender along with the coriander leaves to make paste of medium consistency.
- Heat remaining oil (1/2 tbsp.) in a small frying pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. Fry until the seeds start splattering.
- Add black pepper powder and red chilli powder. Pour over the tomato paste and stir well.