Tamarind -1 cup
Jaggery -1/2 cup
Sugar -2 tbsp.
Red chilli powder -1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder -1/4 tsp.
Cumin powder (roasted) -1 tsp
Warm water -2 cups
Vegetable oil -1 tsp.
Salt to taste
- Remove the seeds from tamarind and soak it in water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cloves. Fry for about 30 secs.
- After half an hour, take out the pulp from the tamarind and add jaggery, sugar, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, roasted cumin powder, cloves and salt.
- Cook the tamarind mixture for 5 minutes on medium. Remove from the gas and let it cool.
- On cooling, blend the contents in a blender..
- Strain and cook until it becomes thick.