Raw firm mangos (medium) -4
Mustard oil -2 cup
Mustard seeds -1/2 tbsp.
Aniseed -1 tbsp.
Nigella seeds -1 tbsp
Fenugreek Seeds -1 tbsp
Red chilli powder -3 tbsp
Turmeric Powder -1 tbsp.
Salt -1/4 cup
- Cut each mango into 8 pieces. Put the mango pieces in a clean, dry earthern jar and add salt to it. Shake well. Keep in sun for one day.
- Mix all the ingredients mustard seeds, aniseed, nigella seeds and fenugreek seeds, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Heat mustard oil well until smoky and then let it cool.
- Mix all the ingredients and salted mango pieces thoroughly either with clean dry hands or clean dry spatula. Pour half oil and shake the jar so that all the mango pieces get properly coated with pickle masala and oil. Press firmly and pour the remaining oil. There should be enough oil so that all the mango pieces dip well in oil.
- Close the mouth of jar with muslin cloth and keep in sun for 12-15 days before use. Stir and shake the jar carefully, atleast once in a day