- Carrots 2
- Cauliflower florets 8 - 9
- Green beans 11 - 12
- Green peppers, small 2
- Green peas 1/2 cup
- Tomato, small 1
- Onions, medium 2
- Almonds 7-8
- Cashews 7-8
- Ginger 2 inches
- Garlic 2 - 3 flakes
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Red chilli powder 1 tbsp.
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves, chopped for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Cut vegetables into 1 inch pieces.
- Grate one onions and keep aside. Make thin slices of the second onion. Keep aside.
- Make paste of almonds and cashews. Keep aside.
- Make paste of ginger and garlic. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Wait till they sputter.
- Add grated onions and stir till lightly cooked.
- Reduce flame. Add ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, chilli powder and coriander powder. Stir. After a minute, add almond-cashew paste. Stir the mixture till it is barely dry and starts separating from sides of the pan.
- Add carrots, cauliflower and green beans. Mix well. Now add 1 cup water. Stir, cover and let boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add green peppers, tomato, green peas and sliced onions while continuously stirring.
- Cook till vegetables are tender. Now add salt.
- Leave on heat for a minute more.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.