- Small onions 250 grams
- Roasted sesame powder 1/2 cup
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp.
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder 2 tsp.
- Mango powder 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil 4 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Peel off the onion skin and wash the onions properly.
- Make a cut in the centre of each onion. Be careful that you don't cut the onion into two parts.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- First fry mustard seeds in it and then add roasted sesame powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, mango powder.Fry this masala for about 3-4 minutes on sim.
- Let the masala cool and then fill this masala powder in each on the onion.
- Next take a non-stick frying pan and heat the remaining oil .Then fry these stuffed onions for 4-5 on sim.You should not move from the place and keep a watch so that the stuffed onions don't burn.
- Put some water about 1/2 cup and let it cook till all the water gets dried up.
Serve hot. Decorate with coriander leaves.
Optional, you can also decorate with grated paneer/cheese.