- Paneer 250 grams
- Water 2 cups
- Tomatoes 3
- Green cardamom powder 1/4 tsp.
- Cloves 8
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp.
- Paste of ginger-garlic
- & green chilli 1 tsp.
- 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp.
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Coriander leaves for decoration
- Salt to taste
- Grate the paneer.
- Boil tomatoes and then peel off the skin. Mash them to make a pulpy sauce.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Fry cloves, cumin seeds, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste.
- Add cardamom powder, black pepper powder, chilli powder, salt, turmeric. Stir well.
- Add pulpy tomato sauce. Fry for 4-5 minutes more.
- Add water and boil. Let it cook on medium heat till the gravy becomes thick.
- Finally add the grated paneer. Do not cook for more than a minute after putting paneer. Remove from heat.
Paneer masala is ready to be served. Decorate with chopped green coriander leaves.