- Plain flour (Aata) 2 cups
- Water for kneading
- Salt 1 tsp.
- For Filling
- Potatoes boiled 3-4 medium size
- Green chilies finely chopped 2-3
- Small onion finely chopped 1
- Dry Fenugreek leaves 1 tbsp.
- Red chilli powder 3/4 to 1 tsp.(according to taste)
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp.
- Salt according to taste
- Vegetable Oil for making the parantha
- Sieve flour. Add salt.
- Add water a little at a time.
- Knead into a medium soft dough.
- Cover with a wet cloth and keep it for half an hour
- Mash the potatoes. Add dry fenugreek leaves, green chillies and onion.Mix well.
- To this mixture add all the spices & again mix well.
- Divide the dough into balls of equal portions and
- Roll one ball at a time in the form of a small puri.
- Now put a small quantity of above mixture (filling) over it, close it from all sides.
- Apply some flour on both sides and roll it gently into a paratha.
- Now cook on a tava, by applying 1/2 - 1 tsp. oil on each side, until light brown and serve hot.
Serve with Chutney or Pickle or Plain Curd.