- Fresh paneer 200 grams
- Medium onion 1
- Medium tomato 1
- Ginger paste 1 tsp.
- Garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Magaj 1 tbsp.
- Poppey seeds 1 tbsp.
- Coconut powder 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
- Black pepper 4-5
- Cloves 3-4
- Garam Masala Powder 2 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder 1 tsp.
- Cream 4 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil 8-10 tbsp.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadhai for about 1- 2 minutes.
- Cut paneer into small cubes. Fry on medium heat till slightly brown. Turn pieces while frying. Be very careful as it splatters.
- Keep the paneer cubes aside.
- Next fry cloves and black pepper in the remaining oil. Add finely chopped onion, coconut powder, paste of poppy seeds and magaj to it. Continuously fry till the mixture starts separating from oil.
- Add ginger garlic paste and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and fry it for approximately 1-2 minutes more. Can you smell the flavour ?
- Add finely chopped tomato to it. Cook it till the mixture thickens.
- Then add some water to make thick gravy.
- Bring the gravy to boil and then cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add paneer pieces and heat for 3-4 minutes.
Decorate with cream and finely chopped coriander leaves.