- Spinach 1/2 kg
- Paneer 100 grams
- Onion 1
- Butter 3 tbsp.
- Bay leaves 2-3
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp.
- Ginger-garlic paste 3/4 tsp.
- Green chilli paste 1/2 tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil as required
- Mix ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste and some water with spinach. Pressure cook it for about 7-8 minutes (just before the first whistle).
- Cut paneer into small cubes. Keep 3 cubes separately for decoration.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the paneer pieces on 'medium' heat till they turn slightly brown. Set the paneer pieces aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp. of butter. Fry bay leaves and cumin seeds. Add chopped onion. Fry until the onions become pink.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, garam masala. Stir well.
- Add paneer and cooked spinach (grinded). Mix well.
- Put palak paneer in a baking tray .
- Add rest of the butter. Bake for 1/2 hour at 180 deg C.
Grate the paneer kept aside for decoration. Decorate. Palak paneer is ready to serve.