- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Cauliflower (cut into small pieces) 250 grams
- Green peas 150 grams
- Thinly sliced potatoes 200 grams
- Cinnamon 2 sticks
- Cloves 4-5
- Black pepper 7-8
- Bay leaves 2-3
- Green cardamom 2
- Thinly sliced onions 2
- Thinly sliced green chilli 2
- Vegetable oil 4 tbsp.
- Paste of-
- green Coriander leaves- 1 bunch (about 100 grams)
- green chillies- 4
- ginger- an inch
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala Powder
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan. Fry bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper for 1/2 minute on medium heat.
- Add thinly sliced onions, green chillies and fry till pink. Keep this aside.
- Take rest of the oil and fry all the vegetables for 4-5 minutes. This adds taste to pulao.
- Add paste of coriander leaves, green chilli and ginger to it.
- Add the fried onions, garam masala and salt. Stir and then fry it for 5 minutes.
- Add washed rice and water (slightly more than 2 cups). Cook on medium heat. Stir rice once while its getting cooked.
Green spicy pulao is ready to serve. Decorate with chopped green coriander leaves.