Kashmiri Dum Aloo
- Small potatoes 1/2 kg
- Coriander seeds 1 tbsp.
- Cardamoms (brown) 4
- Cloves 4-5
- Black pepper 7-8
- Cinnamon 1 small piece
- Caraway seeds 1/4 tsp.
- Cardamom (green) 2
- Asafoetida a pinch
- Bay Leaves 4-5
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp.
- Chilli powder 1 tsp.
- Medium size onion (grated) 1
- Fine yogurt (curd) 2 cup
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Ghee/oil 4 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Take coriander seeds, cardamoms, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, caraway seeds, cardamom green and grind it in a blender to make fine powder.
- Peel off the potatoes and prick it.
- Heat oil in pressure pan for about one minute. Fry the potatoes in oil over medium heat till they change the color from white to light brown. Set aside.
- Add bay leaves, asafoetida, ginger-garlic paste, grated onion to the remaining oil. Fry till the paste becomes reddish brown and the mixture starts separating from the oil.
- Add the garam masala prepared in step1 to this mixture and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Fry it about a minute.
- Now add milk to make the gravy. Then add yogurt (fine) and continuously stir it.
- If you find the gravy too thick, you can add some water.
- Finally add pricked fried potaoes to the gravy and pressure cook it. Switch off the gas after 4-5 minutes (before first whistle).
Decorate it with green coriander leaves and serve hot.