- Eggplant (medium size) 1
- Cooked green peas 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped onions 1
- Finely chopped tomatoes 1
- Finely chopped green chilli 1
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp.
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Chopped green coriander leaves for garnishing
- Brush eggplant with oil and roast it on a gas burner over medium heat.
- Frequently turn the eggplant upside down, until fully roasted.
- Once done, hold it under cold running water or in a bowl full of water. Cool it and peel off the blackened skin.
- Mash the flesh.
- Heat oil in a pan / kadhai . Add green chilli and onion and fry over medium heat until light golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and stir. Add tomatoes and cook until tender.
- Add green peas and mashed eggplant. Stir well. Fry for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
Garnish with green coriander leaves and serve hot.