Mashed potatoes -1cup
Chopped onion -1/4cup
Chopped green chilli -1
Big Bread slices -6
Red chilli powder -1/4tsp
Turmeric powder -1/4tsp
Garam masala powder -1/4tsp
Mango powder -1/4tsp
Dry fenugreek leaves -1tsp
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil as required
- Mix mashed potatoes, chopped onion, green chilli, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, mango powder, fenugreek leaves and salt. Knead to make a smooth dough.
- Divide this mixture into 6 equal parts.
- Soak bread slice in water and then squeeze out the water by pressing the bread slice (flat) between the palms.
- Take one part of the potato mixture and put it in the centre of the bread slice and seal all its edges. Gently roll it between your palms to give it an elongated shape. Ensure that the potato mixture is completely covered with the bread slice.
- Similarly make all the six bread rolls.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan on high. Reduce the heat.
- Deep fry the bread rolls until golden brown.
Serve hot with chutney or chilli sauce.