- Basmati rice 2 cups
- Thinly sliced onion 1 small size
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Cumin powder 2 tsp.
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice well before cooking. Add 3-3/4 cup water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds start spluttering, add onion and fry until the onions turn transparent in color.
- Then add cumin powder.
- Add rice and salt & mix well.
- Cook it in pressure cooker (wait for 1-2 whistles and then switch off the gas). You can also cook it in a pan or do microwave cooking