Water - 2 cups
Sugar to taste
Tea leaves - 3 tsp
Black pepper - 3-4
Green cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Brown cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp.
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Aniseed - 1/2 tsp.
- Heat water in a pan.
- Add sugar and tea masala (black pepper, cloves, green cardamom powder, brown cardamom powder, crushed ginger, aniseed) and bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat. Let it boil for another 5 minutes on low heat with pan partially covered.
- When the bubbles start coming up, add tea leaves and milk.
- Bring 3-4 boils and then switch off the gas.
- Strain into the cups. Masala tea is ready to serve.