- Basmati rice 2 cups
- Water 3-1/2 cups
- Eggs 6
- Onion (thin-sliced) 1
- Ginger paste 1 tsp.
- Garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Green chilli (thin-sliced) 2
- Cloves 2-3
- Black pepper 6-7
- Bay leaves 2
- Brown cardamom 1
- Green cardamom 2
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder 1 tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon sticks (thin) 3-4 (1/2 inch each)
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil 4 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil (3 tbsp.) in a pan. Add cumin seeds, green and brown cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cloves, black pepper and the bay leaves. Fry for a minute. Reduce the heat
- Add sliced onion, green chilli, ginger garlic paste and fry until light golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
- Add rice and water. Stir well. Cover it and cook for 20 miutes on medium heat. Slowly make the rice upside down once, while its getting cooked.
- Meanwhile keep three eggs for boiling.
- Take the remaining three eggs and beat in a bowl. Add salt to it and beat again.
- Heat oil (1 tbsp.) in a pan. Pour the beaten eggs. Continuously stir it and cook until golden brown.
- Cut the boiled eggs into rings (thin slices). Arrange in the corners of the serving dish plate.
- Once you are done with the rice, add the scrambled eggs to the rice and slowly mix it taking care that you do not break the rice grains.
- Put the rice in the centre of the dish plate.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.