Bread slices -6
Gram flour -1cup
Mashed potatoes -1cup
Chopped mint leaves -1/4 cup
Black salt powder -1/4 tsp
Mango powder -1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder -1/2 tsp
Black pepper powder -1/4 tsp
Cumin powder (Roasted) -1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil as required
- Cut each bread slice into two (triangular pieces).
- Mix gram flour, red chilli powder and salt. Add water and beat with your hands to make smooth batter. It should not be very thick.
- Mix mashed potatoes, chopped mint leaves, black salt powder, cumin powder, mango powder and black pepper powder.
- Divide the potato mixture into 6 parts.
- Stuff potato mixture between the two parts of each bread slice. Similarly stuff all the six slices.
- Deep fry double decker bread pakoras in heated oil until golden brown.
Serve hot with chutney, pickle or sauce.