Boiled mashed potatoes -3cups
Refined flour (maida) -1/4 cup
Flaked rice (poha) -1 cup
Chopped green chilli -2
Chopped onion -1
Chopped tomato -1
Cumin powder (Roasted) -2tsp
Red chilli powder -2tsp
Yogurt (curd) -1 cup
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil as required
Green chutney -1/2cup
Tamarind chutney -1/2cup
- Wash poha thoroughly and squeeze out all the water.Soak poha in about 1/8 cup water for 5 minutes so that it becomes soft. Then mash it.
- Add mashed potatoes, refined flour and salt. Knead to a smooth mixture.
- Take a little potato mixture and flatten it on your palm, round in shape and about 1 cm. thick. Similarly, make tikkis from the remaining mixture and keep aside.
- Heat about 3 tbsp. oil in a frying pan (preferably flat) / non-stick pan.
- Fry the tikkis on medium heat until golden brown on both the side. While frying turn the tikkis upside down so that they don't burn.
- Once you are done with all the tikkis, be ready to serve.
- Take 2 tikkis in a plate. Flatten the tikkis, then add some chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, green chilli. Add about 1 tbsp. yogurt, little green chutney, tamarind chutney. Sprinkle pinch of red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder and salt. Follow the same procedure for the remaining tikkis.
Serve hot aloo tikkia. (Optional - garnish with chopped green coriander leaves)