- Basmati Rice Cooked 2 cup
- Grated carrot 1 cup
- Thinly sliced onions 1 medium size
- Thinly sliced green chilli 2
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp.
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Bay leaf 1-2
- Curry leaves 8-10
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadhai.
- Add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds start crackling add cumin seeds and bay leaf. Add thinly sliced onions, green chillies and fry till pink. Keep this aside.
- Add thinly sliced onions, green chillies and fry till pink.
- Add grated carrot and curry leaves. Saute for a while and then add salt, chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala.
- Add cooked rice and gently mix well. Cover the pan and cook on a low flame for about 3-4 minutes.
Carrot Rice is ready to serve. Decorate with chopped green coriander leaves.