Instant Khaman Dhokla
Gram Flour -1 cup
Lemon juice -1tsp
Soda / fruit salt -1/2tsp
Yogurt (curd) -1tsp
Ginger paste -1/2tsp
Turmeric powder -1/2tsp
Sesame seeds -1tsp
Mustard seeds -1/2tsp
Coconut powder -1tsp
Chopped green coriander leaves -2 tbsp.
Curry leaves -1tsp
Thinly sliced green chilli -2
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil -tsp
- Mix gram flour, 1 tbsp. oil, lemon juice, sugar, yogurt, ginger paste, turmeric powder and salt. Add boiled water just enough to make a thick smooth paste.
- Add soda or fruit salt and stir it well.
- Pour the dhokla paste into a greased vessel and steam for about 10-12 minutes.
- Once the dhokla is done, cut it into square or diamond shape pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves and sliced green chilli. When the mustard seeds start spluttering, remove the pan from heat.
- Pour this over the steamed dhokla.
- Garnish with chopped green coriander leaves and coconut powder.
Serve hot with green chutney or coconut chutney.