Yellow Moong dal -1 cup
Chopped onion -1/2 cup
Green chilli -1
Coriander leaves -2 tbsp.
Mint leaves -2 tbsp.
Ginger -about an inch
Red chilli powder -1/2 tsp
Cumin powder -1 tsp.
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil as required
- Wash moong dal thoroughly and soak for 3-4 hours.
- Add green chilli, coriander leaves, mint leaves and ginger to soaked dal.
- Grind the mixture to make a coarse paste.
- Add chopped onions, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a frying pan / kadhai on high.
- Take small quantity of paste with fingers and slide it in oil in the form of small balls. Deep fry on medium heat until golden brown.
Serve hot with green chutney.