Potato medium size -1
Onion medium size -1
Green chilli -1
Dry fenugreek leaves -1tsp
Red chilli powder -1/2tsp
Gram flour -1cup
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil as required
- Mix gram flour, red chilli powder and salt.
- Add water to make thick and smooth batter. Beat the mixture with your hands until smooth. Keep aside.
- Cut the potato and onion into thin slices. Chop green chilli.
- Add potato, onion, green chilli and dry fenugreek leaves to the batter and mix thouroughly.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan / kadhai on high. Then reduce the heat.
- Take a little batter (about 2 tbsp.) with your fingers and drop it in oil in the form of small ball. Deep fry in heated oil until golden brown. You can fry 6-8 pakoras at a time.
Serve hot with green chutney or chilli sauce.