For Bhaji :
Potato medium size 4
Cabbage chopped 1cup
Cauliflower flowerets 1 cup
Green Peas 1/2 cup
Onions finely chopped 2
Tomato finely chopped - 2
Green chili chopped -2
Butter -4 tbsp
Pavbhaji masala -2 tsp.
Salt according to taste
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp.
Garam masala -1/2 tsp.
Red chili powder -1-1/2 tsp. (according to taste)
1 cup water -for boiling vegetables
Pavs (soft buns) 8-10
Green Coriander leaves finely chopped -2 tbsp.
Onion Small size finely chopped (for serving)-1
Lemon juice -2 tbsp.
Green chutney / Tomato Sauce
- Cut potato into small pieces. Wash the vegetables thoroughly with water.
- Pressure cook all the vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, potato, peas) till well done. Mash them coarsely. ( If you are using frozen peas, then no need to pressure cook the peas)
- Heat 2 tbsp. of butter in a frying pan or kadhai. Add green chili.
- Add chopped onions and fry until they become light golden brown in color. Then add chopped tomato and cook till it becomes tender.
- Add pavbhaji masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, and cook again for 4-5 minutes. (Incase you are using the frozen peas then add now)
- Add the boiled vegetables, lemon juice and mix well. Simmer till it becomes thick, keep on stirring and mashing pieces in between.
- Slit the pavs horizontally.
- Apply little butter on tava and roast the pavs till hot and soft.
Garnish bhaji with chopped coriander leaves and onions. Serve hot with pav and tomato sauce/green chutney.