Mashed potatoes 2 cups
Cooked green peas 1/2 cup
Chopped green coriander leaves 2 tbsp.
Dry fenugreek leaves 1 tbsp.
Aniseed 2 tbsp.
Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp.
Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp.
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp.
Ginger paste 1 tsp.
Chopped green chilli 2
Chopped onions 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil 2 tbsp.
For Samosa Dough:
Refined flour 1 cup
Ghee 1/3 cup
Baking powder 1/4 tsp.
Salt 1/4 tsp.
Cold water about 1/4 cup
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and green chilli and fry over medium heat, until light brown.
- Add green peas, ginger paste, chopped green coriander leaves, fenugreek leaves, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, aniseed and salt. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes and stir. Fry for about 5-6 minutes. Switch off the gas.
- For the dough, first sieve the flour and then add salt, baking powder and ghee into it. Mix well.
- Add cold water and knead into a smooth dough.
- Keep the dough for half an hour, covered with wet cloth. Then knead it once again.
- Make small balls of almost equal size and roll out the balls to approximately five inches in diameter. Cut the circle in half and each half makes one samosa.
- Shape it into a cone and stuff it with the potato filling. Apply water on the edges and seal the edges.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan / kadhai on high. Deep fry the samosas on medium heat until golden brown.
Serve hot with green chutney or tamarind chutney.