- Mashed potatoes 2 cups
- Boiled green peas 1/2 cup
- Chopped onions 1/2 cup
- Chopped green chilli 2
- Bread slices 4
- Bread crumbs 1 cup
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil as required
- Mix mashed potatoes, green peas, chopped onions, chopped green chilli, red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and salt.
- Soak the bread in water and squeeze all the water by pressing bread between the palms.
- Mix bread and potato mixture and knead to make a smooth dough.
- Take small quantity of this mixture and make ball form.Then flatten it on a smooth surface in a square shape.Cut into two (triangular) parts , each half should be about 1-2 cm thick.
- When you are done with the potato mixture, roll each of the cutlet in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a kadhai / deep frying pan.
- Deep fry the cutlets until golden brown.
Serve hot with bread and tomato sauce. (Optional- Cut the bread slices of same shape as the cutlet. Then place the cutlet between the bread slices and serve with ketchup)