Mashed potatoes -2 cups
Gram flour -1cup
Chopped onions-1/2 cup
Chopped green chilli -1
Red chilli powder -1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Vegetable oil- as required
Salt to taste
- Mix mashed potatoes, chopped onions, chopped green chilli, 1/4 tsp. chilli powder, salt.
- Make small balls of it.
- Mix gram flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add enough water to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan/ kadhai on high. (Oil should be enough so that all the balls dip well in oil)
- Reduce the heat. Coat each ball with enough batter and then deep fry till light brown.
- Serve hot with tamarind chutney or green chutney.