Basmati Rice 2 cups
Water 3-1/2 cups
Onion (thin-sliced) 1
Ginger Paste 1 tsp.
Garlic Paste 1 tsp.
Green Chilli (thin-sliced) 2
Black Pepper 6-7
Bay Leaves 2
Brown Cardamom 1
Green Cardamom 2
Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
Coriander Powder 1 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp.
Cinnamon Sticks (thin) 3-4 (1/2 inch each)
Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
Vegetable Oil 4 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves
- Heat oil (3 tbsp.) in a pan. Add cumin seeds, green and brown cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cloves, black pepper and the bay leaves. Fry for a minute. Reduce the heat
- Add sliced onion, green chilli, ginger garlic paste and fry until light golden brown.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well.
- Add rice and water. Stir well. Cover it and cook for 20 miutes on medium heat. Slowly make the rice upside down once, while its getting cooked.
- Meanwhile keep three eggs for boiling.
- Take the remaining three eggs and beat in a bowl. Add salt to it and beat again.
- Heat oil (1 tbsp.) in a pan. Pour the beaten eggs. Continuously stir it and cook until golden brown.
- Cut the boiled eggs into rings (thin slices). Arrange in the corners of the serving dish plate.
- Once you are done with the rice, add the scrambled eggs to the rice and slowly mix it taking care that you do not break the rice grains.
- Put the rice in the centre of the dish plate.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.