Indian Style Yogurt
Milk - 1/2 gallon
Yogurt (curd) - 1/2 tsp.
- Boil the milk. Let it cool till it luke warm.
- Add 1/2 tsp. of yogurt (curd). Stir well.
- Leave it undisturbed for approx. 8 hours in a warm place.
- Check to see if the yogurt is set. If not, leave for couple of hours more. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours for best results AFTER yogurt sets.
- Temperature plays a critical role in making yogurt. During winter months, yogurt may not set. In such instances, pre-heat the oven to 150 F. Switch off the oven. Store the yogurt in the oven for 8 hours after completing step 2 above. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.