Milk - 5 cups
Yogurt (curd) - 2 tsp.
Vinegar or lemon juice - 1/2 tsp.
- Put the milk in a pan. Add the yogurt (curd). Bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat. Add vinegar or lemon juice while continuously stirring the milk.
- Increase the heat. Keep stirring the milk till it curdles.
- Take the curdled milk off the heat. Keep it aside for 5 mins.
- Strain the curdled milk. Slightly squeeze the residue in the strainer so that almost all the milk whey is removed.
- Residue is called paneer (chhena). For best results, mash the residue while it is still warm