Chicken, cleaned and cut up - 1/2 kg
Large Carrots, sliced - 2
Medium onion, sliced - 1
Bay leaves - 2
Peppercorns, whole - 1 tbsp.
Garlic, crushed - 1 tsp.
Ginger, crushed - 1 tsp.
Dry thyme - 1/2 tsp.
Salt - 1 tsp.
- Put all ingredients in a pan. Add 12 cups of water. Bring it to boil and then allow to simmer.
- Leave it on low heat for about 45-50 mins. You may add a little water if the stock quantity becomes too low.
- Skim off the white foamy residue, if any and remove from heat.
- Strain the mix so that only clear chicken stock remains.
- Store ths stock in freezer. Use as needed.
- Chicken pieces can be used in soups.