Bread - 5 slices
Ghee for frying - as required
Fresh Milk - 1 litre
Sugar - 3/4 th Cup
Condensed Milk - 1 Tin
Cardamom powder - one pinch
Saffron (dissolved in 1tsp hot water) - 1 Pinch
Silver leaf (optional) - 1 sheet
Almonds/cashewnuts/pistachio(thinly sliced) for garnish
- Remove crust from the bread and cut them each in four triangular pieces.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan and fry the bread slices, one at a time on both sides till they get golden brown.
- Boil Milk. To this add sugar,cardamom powder,saffron & Condensed Milk.
- Now cook milk on a low flame for 20-25 minutes till it thickens a bit.
- Soak bread slices in milk sauce after the latter has reached its room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 2 hrs.
- Garnish with silver leaf and nuts and server cold