Bread - 5 slices
Ghee for frying as required
Thick rabri - 100 gm
Silver leaf (optional) - 1 sheet
Almonds/cashewnuts/pistachio(thinly sliced) for garnish
Sugar - 100 gm
Water - 50 ml.
Cardamom powder - one pinch
Saffron (dissolved in 1tsp hot water) - 1 Pinch
- Remove crust from the bread and cut them each in four triangular pieces.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan and fry the bread slices, one at a time on both sides till they get golden brown.
- Make a thick sugar syrup by boiling the listed ingredients for syrup.
- Soak bread slices in the sugar syrup for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the slices on a platter and top it with rabdi.
- Garnish with silver leaf and nuts. Refrigerate and serve cold.
(Note: Rabri, which is reduced milk, and Silver leaf are available at Indian grocery stores. If Rabri is not available, then please follow the second recipe)