Kheer (Rice Pudding)
Rice - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1 litre
Sugar - 4 tbsp.
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp.
Sliced almonds and cashew nuts - 1/4 cup
Raisins - 2 tbsp.
- Boil milk in a heavy base saucepan.
- Add rice, cardamom powder, raisins and half quantity of sliced almonds and cashew nuts.
- Bring one boil and then reduce the heat to medium. Cook until it becomes thick and creamy.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add sugar and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put kheer in a serving bowl and decorate with the remaining dry fruits. Refrigerate and serve.