Whole dried milk (mawa) 1 cup
Refined flour - 2 tbsp.
Sugar - 1-1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp.
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp.
Water - 3 cup
Ghee as required
- Mix sugar, water and cardamom powder and cook until the syrup becomes thick.
- Mix mawa, refined flour, baking powder and water and make soft, smooth dough (Water should be just sufficient for kneading a smooth dough).
- Make small balls of equal size. Be sure that the balls ("jamuns") are smooth and no crack develops. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai / deep frying pan.
- Deep fry the balls over medium heat until golden brown.
- Put the balls in hot syrup and keep aside for 10-12 minutes.
- Gulab Jamuns are ready. Warm before serving.