Gajar ka Halwa
Grated carrot - 1 kg
Milk - 1 litre
Whole dried milk (mawa) - 200 grams
Sugar - 2 cups
Ghee - 2 tbsp.
Dry fruits (sliced almond and cashew nuts, raisin ) - 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Put milk and grated carrots in a heavy base kadhai / deep saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Cook over medium heat until all the milk gets dried up. You should stir the mixture occasionally to prevent any sticking.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, 1/4 cup dry fruits and continuously stir for 5-7 minutes.
- Add ghee and mawa. Stir well and fry on low heat until ghee starts separating.
- Decorate with remaining dry fruits and serve hot. (Optional- decorate with silver leaf)
- Add lemon juice and paneer pieces. Mix well so that all the paneer pieces gets properly coated with sugar. Allow it to cool.