Paneer - 100 grams
Water - 6 tbsp.
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp.
Cardamom powder or rose essence - 1/2 tsp.
Ghee - 3 tbsp.
- Cut paneer into very small pieces.
- Heat ghee and deep fry paneer pieces in hot ghee over medium flame until light golden brown.
- Drain well and keep aside to cool.
- Mix sugar and water. Cook the mixture until the syrup thickens. Add cardamom powder or rose essence. Put off the heat.
- Add lemon juice and paneer pieces. Mix well so that all the paneer pieces gets properly coated with sugar. Allow it to cool.
- Chena murki is ready.
Optional - Decorate with silver leaf.