Chicken (whole) - 1 ( about 1-1/2 Kg)
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp.
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp.
Ginger paste - 1 tsp.
Garlic paste - 1 tsp.
Green chilli paste - 1 tsp.
Yogurt (curd) - 1/2 cup
Lemon juice - 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil (for basting)
- Thoroughly clean the chicken. Prick it with knife or fork all over and make slits diagonally.
- Apply a mixture of red chilli powder, salt and lemon juice all over the body and marinate it for 30-45 minutes.
- Churn the yogurt and add ginger, garlic and green chilli paste, garam masala and mix well.
- Pour this yogurt mixture over the chicken and toss so that it gets coated well all through, with the paste. Force some mixture in the slits. Marinate it for 6-7 hours.
- Brush the chicken with little oil. Then put it in a grill and cook for about 20 minutes (almost cooked). Finally bast the chicken with oil and again roast it until fully cooked.
- Serve hot