Whole chicken - 1
Chopped onions (medium size) - 3-4
Chopped tomatoes (medium size) - 6-7
Ginger paste - 2 tsp.
Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Chopped green chilli - 3
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1-1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil as required
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Thoroughly clean the chicken and cut into pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add chopped onions and green chilli and fry until light golden brown in color.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, garlic paste and cook until the tomatoes become tender.
- Add little water and bring it to boil.
- When the gravy becomes slightly thick, add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Reduce the heat. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes (or until fully cooked).
- If you have copper base kadhai then transfer the contets in that. Heat for a while. Then garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.