Chicken whole (cleaned and cut into pieces) - 1 Kg
Green chilli - 10
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
White pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Yogurt (curd) - 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp.
Soya sauce - 2 tbsp.
Cornflour - 2 tbsp
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Garlic - 4 cloves
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil as required
Green chilli and green coriander leaves for decoration
- Cut onion, tomato into small pieces. Add ginger, garlic and make paste.
- Cut thin slices of green chilli.
- Mix red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, yogurt, 1 tbsp. soya sauce, 1 tbsp cornflour and 2 tbsp oil. Marinate the chicken with this mixture for half an hour.
- Then apply onion-tomato paste to the chicken and again marinate for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add green chillis, white pepper powder and black pepper powder and fry for 30 secs.
- Add chicken marinade and fry until half cooked. Stir ocassionally.
- Mix rest of the cornflour and soya sauce in water and add to the chicken. Add little water (about 2-3 cups) to make thick gravy and bring it to boil.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 mins on low flame. keep a constant watch.
- Garnish with green chilli on the sides and sprinkle chopped green coriander all over the chicken. Serve hot.